Come join us at the 2017 Board Boot Camp! Session 1 is on Saturday, September 30, 2017, and Session 2 is on Saturday, November 11, 2017. Board Boot Camp is a complimentary community association seminar. Both events are three hours, and included CE credits. Featuring sessions on:
- “Association!” – The Community Association Game Show, with topics on:
- POA v. COA v. HOA
- Managing Vendor Contracts
- The Fair Housing Act
- Understanding the Bylaws
- Amending the Governing Documents
- What does Leasing in an HOA or Condo look like in the 21st Century?
- What is “leasing” under the Declaration – Common Definitions and Variations
- The Two Most Common “Permits” – Regular and Hardship
- Current Trends and Recent Developments in Leasing
- Practical Considerations and Advice for Addressing Leasing
- Collection of Assessments: The Most Interesting Cases in the World
- Introduction to the Case-Study Method
- Timberstone Homeowner’s Association, Inc. v. Summerlin (1996)
- The Springs Condominium Association v. Harris (2006)
- Casas-Rodriquez v. Cosmopolitan on Lindbergh Condominium Ass’n, Inc. (2013)
- Northside Bank v. Mountainbrook of Bartow County Homeowners Association, Inc. (2016)
Sign-in and catering beginning at 8:00 AM. The three-hour presentation will be from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM with continuing education credit available.
Space is limited!
Click here to register for Session 1 on Saturday, September 30, 2017!
Can’t make it to Session 1? No problem! It is happening again in November! Click here to register for Session 2 on Saturday, November 11, 2017!
We look forward to seeing you there!